Applications for this vacancy are now CLOSED.
All applications received are currently being held on file, with hiring currently being postponed until further notice due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Job Title: Dog Walking Assistant (Casual)
Location: Burton on Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: £8.72 – £11.70 per hour
Duration: 6 months +
Hours and days: casual (Mon-Fri)
Shifts: 8:30-10:30 | 10:30-12:30 | 12:30-14:30 | 14:30 – 16:30
Kasaya is an established local Pet Service business, ran by a professional dog walker and trainer. I am now offering the opportunity for a confident and enthusiastic individual to become a team member, as an Assistant Dog Walker (part-time). Ideal for those who love working outdoors with animals and are seeking a role with training and progression opportunities.
CLOSING DATE: 20/03/2020
Working initially as a pair and then eventually independently as required, you will be assisting with collecting dogs from their homes, walking in public spaces and then providing after care / returning home.
- Read, understand and confirm with manager a daily dog walking schedule (when and where dogs are to be walked).
- Work out the most efficient routes for allocated collections and drop offs.
- Check and ensure vehicle (company van or own car) is equipped correctly each morning and carry out basic vehicle checks.
- Safely drive and park a vehicle safely between dog’s homes and local public walking locations.
- Collect dogs from inside their homes and dress appropriately in collar / harnesses / coats.
- Safely secure in and let out dogs out of pet taxi vehicle.
- Ensure all necessary personal equipment is carried on you at all times (including emergency kit).
- Walk dogs in small groups (maximum 5 dogs) in a public space, with a strict awareness for both yours and their safety at all times – as well as members of the public (and their dogs).
- Provide aftercare following each dog walk including providing dogs with water and rinsing / toweling as necessary.
- Complete sign off duties at the end of the day including clearing vehicle of dirty equipment and rubbish and checking in keys.
Skills and Experience
- Currently own or have previously owned and cared for a pet dog.
- Hold a full clean driving license with at least one year’s experience.
- Access to own vehicle for use to transport dogs (suitable vehicle crating systems provided).
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to concentrate on multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to carry out tasks in a thorough and methodical manner.
- Organised and ability to keep to time.
- Confident driving and parking a small van in new and varied locations with or without use of Satnav.
- Confident working amongst and communicating with members of the public in a polite and cheerful manner.
- Experience working with and handling dogs in a professional manner (e.g. in a kennels or grooming parlour).
- Experience in customer service.
- Good computer and mobile technology skills including use of email and social media apps.